Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:57:01 AM

Author Topic: Probe not stopping "Z" axis  (Read 8082 times)

Re: Probe not stopping "Z" axis
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 07:22:06 AM »
Hi Craig,

Got it second Edition plus some other PDF files

John
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 07:26:38 AM »
Hi Craig,

The camera thing is what we used to do when I was in Printed circuit industry in the 1980's fit camera on Excellon machine and after marking a path up on a Negative or Positive jog round and mark hole positions then save and run, no idea what language was used as its moved on a lot today using all Gerber files for PCB manufacturing.

John
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 07:31:31 AM »
Hi,
do you actually have images of artwork that you want to turn into a PCBs or are you looking to design  boards from scratch?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 08:25:05 AM »
I enclose a photo of a typical board, I don't have G-Code for this so if I wanted to drill I would mount on base, program some fixing points and then follow a line which I would draw on photo and mark each hole in the program also use different colour pen for different drill sizes on the photo, and then generate G-Code from this to drill.
I suppose you could do manually but would take forever on a board with say 1000 holes or more.

Regards john
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 12:17:45 PM »
Hi John,
I think a video probe is your best bet, try Video Probing board.

Craig
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 12:28:34 PM »
Hi Craig

Just wondering about the CopyCat Wizard that seems to generate G-Code when jogging and pressing Feed Move button, not sure how you would save the readings from window but using a Webcam you can get a picture of what is on table.

Regards John
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 01:06:02 PM »
Hi,
I haven't tried it myself but as I understand it the webcam has a cross-hair reticle, you place the cross hair on your target feature and hit a button.
How that data is used I imagine is up to you.

Craig