Author Topic: Vectric post processor for Mach 4 laser operation.  (Read 991 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

• Global Moderator
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Vectric post processor for Mach 4 laser operation.
« on: February 19, 2018, 06:41:18 AM »
This is my Vectric post processor for Mach 4 laser operation.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline Sooty1986

• View Profile
Re: Vectric post processor for Mach 4 laser operation.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 11:42:51 AM »
Hi,

Has mach4 got to the point where you can control a laser without the delay turning the last on and off?  I've never got Mach3 to work without the long delays...
Always learning, it's never ending!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

• Global Moderator
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:13:44 AM »
Hi,

Has mach4 got to the point where you can control a laser without the delay turning the last on and off?  I've never got Mach3 to work without the long delays...

Yes.
For Mach3 the commands are M11Px / M10Px and for Mach4 they are M62Px / M63Px (x being the Output# being switched). These commands switch the laser at the instant of axis movement so there is no delay.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline John in Ottawa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 06:29:48 PM »
I know this is an old thread.  I'm wondering if anyone has tried engraving an image with laser and Mach4.  Is there fine enough control to do this with vectric and mach 4?

Thanks
John

Offline Tweakie.CNC

• Global Moderator
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 01:30:25 AM »
For photographic images and Mach4 you would need a little more than is currently available from the standard Vectric software.
Warp9 have now included raster image reproduction (and also vector) routines within their latest Smooth Stepper software for Mach4;  https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=12444.msg258539#msg258539