Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:52:48 AM

Author Topic: System Requirements for Mach4  (Read 7540 times)

System Requirements for Mach4
« on: September 29, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »
What are the system requirements for a PC running Mach4? I haven't been able to find this info on the website.
Re: System Requirements for Mach4
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 12:49:18 PM »
Mach4 Recommended Requirements:

PREFERRED: 32 or 64-bit Laptop or Desktop – Using an External Motion Controller
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 & Windows XP
An appropriate external motion controller
Mach4 Plugin for the selected Motion Controller
2Ghz CPU
1GB RAM
Video Card with 256MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)
*Use of Parallel Port for machine control only with desktop style computers with 32-bit versions of windows 7 and below.

32-bit Desktop – Parallel Port Recommended Requirements
32-bit version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
Mach4 Parallel Port Legacy Plugin (cost applicable)
2Ghz CPU
1GB RAM
Non-integrated Video Card with 256MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »
Thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 02:22:05 PM »
Hi,
I use a little dual core Atom miniITX board for my machine controller. Win 7 Embedded. It has on chip graphics and smurph describes them as 'awful'.
It works fine with Mach3 for which I bought it but also Mach4 which I now use. The only time I have any real issues with it is when I load a large file
for a PCB for example. It takes a long time to load and draw the toolplath but if your patient is does load and thereafter works fine. Just goes
to show that Mach4 will run on a very modest PC. I would buy something with a bit more grunt if buying again but see little point in going past i3 spec.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 02:25:35 PM »
Right on, thanks for the tip. I found a micropc with an i3 CPU, 4GB Ram, Win 7 Pro refurbished from Newegg for $130. Should do the trick
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 03:05:45 PM »
Hi,
yep, should do nicely and at a good price too.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 10:22:25 PM »
hello i use an intel nuc its a mini pc kit. i use one of the smaller ones 5cpyh for regular mills and am thinking of going to a 6???? for the bigger machines. these are a godsend sure you have you assemble it and i add wires to move the led and the push button to the outside dont do this unless you are very good at soldering or find the connector i have yet to find. the point is it is very delicate. the reason i love the nuc is i can put it in my operator control panels it being 4" square doesn't draw allot of power and cooling has not been a problem. go a step further and use a solid state hdd and no moving parts. the old days i was always shoe horning a computer some ware now i use the nuc and an ethernet cable and i love the results.
mark