Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:11:46 PM

Author Topic: NEED A LOGO CUTOUT AND ENGRAVING  (Read 9174 times)

NEED A LOGO CUTOUT AND ENGRAVING
« on: September 24, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »
HI I HAVE A NEW CNC MACHINE MK-1325 XYZ.
I DONT HAVE ANY GCODE SO ANYONE CAN HELP ME THIS LOGOS

THANKS CAGAARANECNC.

ONE LOVE.
Re: NEED A LOGO CUTOUT AND ENGRAVING
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 10:02:31 AM »
 ;) I NEED ALSO CUTOUT OF THIS LOGO
SIZE: IS 400 BY 400 MM
DEPTH THICKNESS IS:  20MM
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:51:59 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 11:34:46 AM »
Getting from a png file to g-code that cuts well involves a lot of work and compromises. You need to know about the machine, cutting tools available, scaling etc. You also need software to convert to Dxf or to trace the logo and then to clean it up. So you need to learn a lot more stuff before you can do this kind of work.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:56:09 AM »
;) I NEED ALSO CUTOUT OF THIS LOGO
SIZE: IS 400 BY 400 MM
DEPTH THICKNESS IS:  18.5MM

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »
thanks gary but i understand alot but now i need to know how make it but now i need cuttout and engraving please

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 02:05:08 AM »
As Gary has already said, you need to obtain a suitable CAD/CAM software to trace your bitmap image (.png) into a vector drawing (.dxf) then decide on the cutting tool you will be using and create the toolpath (Gcode).

Suitable CAD/CAM includes Vectric;  http://www.vectric.com/

A typical, generated, toolpath (Gcode) for the Hormuud logo is attached.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 07:08:36 PM »
Try this
v bit carve for Keef
3 inches high
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 09:24:59 AM »
I use Corel Draw x5 for my main design program then load the vecor images in .dfx format into CamBam to produce my g-code. Corel Draw has a very powerful "trace bitmap" option. It definitely takes some experimenting to get good results and often some clean up to get smooth arcs & lines. There are also some online services that'll "convert to vector" for you, some are free, often expect to pay. I agree with many others, it's best to just put in the time and learn how to do this stuff. I personally have a lot to learn myself and often come to these forums for guidance. I've been a sign maker for 30 years and just now have gotten into CNC machining to add dimensional signs. I like my setup of doing my designs in Corel Draw, open files in CamBam to make g-code the run code in Mach3. I'll give one last suggestion - CamBam has a "height map generator" plugin. This is the coolest thing, it converts black & white images (halftone pictures) into tool paths. It takes the darkest shades and cuts them the deepest and the lightest tones and cuts them the least or not at all. So you can take a logo or photo and with one click have tool paths ready to cut! Have fun, good luck!

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 01:18:28 PM »
For some simple  logos, as the two above, it is much faster to redesign them in Corel Draw, using the bitmap as template.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Haik

•  71 71
  • MachUser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 01:16:45 AM »
If you have CorelDRAW the only way to go is with Trace Bitmap AND Reduces Nodes feature. Just select object, select node edit mode, and Reduce Nodes and Smoothness will appear on the toolbar. It's awesome!