Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:08:43 AM

Author Topic: Connection of Mach3 to TB6600 Drivers  (Read 10522 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Connection of Mach3 to TB6600 Drivers
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 01:33:43 AM »
It’s all looking good John  ;)

(As you progress I think you will find that there is too much flex in the unsupported rails – at some later date, changing to the fully supported type will make a considerable difference in performance).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 02:48:42 PM »
Thanks for good wishes.

Just another point I think I have picked up looking at the BOB config, I am using BOB pwm connection but have Spindle motor supply connected directly to the power supply, and looking at Mach3 Ports & Pins config to enable spindle motor and spindle setup do I need to connect power to spindle controller via the relay on the BOB so the turns motor on when relay is energized.
The pink wire in pic is the PWM connection
Also Motor output config I think as I have 5 volts connected to the 3 TB6600 5v  +Dir, +Pulse and +Enable input I am using common-Anode wiring

Thanks John

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 01:16:13 AM »
Best to connect the spindle via the relay on the BoB then set-up Mach control (M3/M5) on Mach Spindle and Output Signals pages (PWM is irrelevant).
Within the terms used for CNC you are correct that you are using common-anode wiring for your controllers.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 07:09:31 AM »
Connecting system bit by bit, I have just connected parallel cable and USB lead to breakout board, I have a "?" in Mach3 in Device manager also on breakout board the long terminal block has 5v going to TB6600 stepper drivers but cant find any reference to the connection next to this 5v the "GND" going anywhere, have you any idea if this should connect to the general 0volt of the power supplies or is it a PC only ground, and is opto coupled on the breakout board.

Regards John
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 07:34:19 AM »
Think I found answer on Yu-Tube, NO it is not connected its only used in common cathode mode to the stepper drivers BUT can this be confirmed also will the "?" mark go away once I power everything and configure all.

Regards John