Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:04:17 AM

Author Topic: I need help configuring the I/O in Mach3 for the G101 or G100  (Read 5590 times)

Well I am a newbie here. But I have been looking every where for info on how to configure the ports and pins for the g-rex/g101 board in mach3. I have the manuals from gecko but they only tell the hardware side of the board not the software.
Andrew
MachMotion

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: I need help configuring the I/O in Mach3 for the G101 or G100
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »
I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 04:40:49 PM »
May I make a suggestion?  It would be helpful to all of us if replies to queries were posted here rather than in personal messages.

I asked a question on the yahoo group for mach, was refered to this forum by Art.  When I search here, most of the time I find messages where someone else asked EXACTLY what I wanted to know, but the answer was "I will reply to you in a personal message".  I find that very discouraging!

Thanks for considering my suggestion,
Carl Lance

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 06:09:50 AM »
Carl, I considereed your suggestion, It won't happen. If you have a question, you should ask it. If I need to send someone a PM for any reason, I will. Would you like for all the e-mail and Skype chats that pertain to Mach posted herer too?

By the way, I have sent you a personal message.

Brett

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 09:02:43 AM »
Brett,

Let me say publicly here that I am sending you a personal message of apology and explination.  It is obvious that somehow I offended you by my suggestion and that was completely unintended.

I misunderstood the nature of this forum, assuming that it was a "community" forum like the yahoo groups Mach forum where I could search for my answers to what I consider "simple" questions by finding posts of other people who had already asked and it was answered -- without having to bother you with asked/answered issues.

I did not understand that it was more of a direct support forum.  I will certainly ask directly in the future.

carl
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 09:10:45 AM by carllance »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 06:53:42 PM »
Carl,
    No apology necessary. I didn't mean to come off so harsh. Lots of times we resort to other means of communication rather than the forum for different reasons. The biggest is for time. I hope you understand.

Brett