Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:31:24 PM

Author Topic: Setting up a USB MPG (HBO4)  (Read 1955 times)

Setting up a USB MPG (HBO4)
« on: September 19, 2017, 08:02:52 AM »
Hi all, not been here for a while as my machine has been working perfectly for a good while now. However I've decided to add an MPG to the controller and have bought one of the USB connected HBO4 pendants from ebay where there are any number of these for sale. After plugging it in everything seems to work but when I turn the handwheel the axes move something like 4mm per click. This is of course completely useless, I want to use this to "touch on" the top of the job to set Z=0. I've been through all the setup/config screens and can't see any way to adjust the resolution. Has anyone here successfully set one of these up and could point me in the right direction?

Many thanks, Bob.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up a USB MPG (HBO4)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:29:54 PM »
Go look at the Mach3's config again and you will velocity and steps for MPG setting. Info should be in the manual.
Mine are just turn it fast the axis moves fast, turn it slowly and can creep in at .0001". To each their owne ..........

Know nothing about the pendant you have........

RICH
Re: Setting up a USB MPG (HBO4)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 03:46:40 AM »
Hi Rich, Thank you for your reply, I've been into the MPG setup window in ports and pins and tried any number of settings there. It makes no difference even if I enable or disable the MPG there. The result is still the same whatever settings are made. This pendant connects via USB and therefore I presume bypasses the normal Mach3 setup and runs via a .dll in plugins. I'd hoped someone who has used it may know what I'm missing.