Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:48:02 PM

Author Topic: mach 3, motors will not run  (Read 3316 times)

Re: mach 3, motors will not run
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 07:35:14 PM »
I am in the process of installing limit switches,  e stop, and a water cooled spindle, but I need to get this problem resolved first.
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 02:35:47 AM »
Hi,
that's your call, I can't think of another way to see if Mach is communicating with the control. Man you've got to luv this
Chinese made gear!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 03:36:52 AM »
Hi Larry,

If you attach your <profile> .xml file (from your Mach3 folder) we can check your Mach3 settings. Copy the .xml file then rename it to Larry.xml before attaching it to your Post using Additional Options.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 02:18:03 PM »
the the printer port on the computer an add in PCI card or built into the mother board?
If its onboard, you need to check in the bios that it is in EPP or ECP mode.

If it is a add in card, then the recourse address is going to be different then the address in Mach3.

You need to check in device manager what the recourse values are (normally 4 different hexadecimals)
You will need to put each one into the mach3 address field for port 1 and see which set of addresses runs the machine the best.

Also, if its a xylotex controller based off of what he was putting out years ago, you will have to deal with the  resonance issues that I delt with until going to a G450 drive.