Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:39:19 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 License allways change after instal of a new development version  (Read 3002 times)

Hi all im not shure why the license always gone when i install a new version of the development versions cause i have payed for a license direct on artsoft!?
What´s goin on? ::) ???
I use always the same computer without changes n this system. so i wnder aways why it happens!
The last version has this effect and now the new V 4.2.0.3474 again!
When i look on info of mach4 it´s allways a demo! >:(
Then i do the same way as before copy the PC ID (also the normal license process) ...and so on! But when i remember this way was limited or not?!

Re: Mach4 License allways change after instal of a new development version
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 02:41:25 PM »
I got it!
I changed the computer name for my network! ::)
but is there a list what is change the PC ID?

Regards!
Uwe

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 09:49:42 AM »
When you are changing to a new version, are you reloading your license file?
The PC ID shouldn't change between versions, but if you have updated Windows recently it may change.
You can change the PC ID on your license by logging in at machsupport.com (if that's where you bought it), going to license maintenance, and adding the new PC ID.

Hope that helps!
-Bryanna
Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 01:41:40 PM »
Hy Brianna,

i thanks for your reply but i found my reason! :D i changed in my netwotk the computer name.  ::) So this is not a good idea when you like to work with mach4. ???
In my experience with bigger control systems like siemens and ohter one there is no problem if you like to change anything else! Out of this information i can tell you that it gives a lot of points where you can hang on a licence without getting trouble with an Windows update or an change of an computer name...! ;)
For my taste for example there is the ID Number of the CPU, the harddisk / drive, the MAC adress of the networkcard....! In Sum of this stuff you get an reliable ID.
It´just an overview what´s possible.

In my case i changed the Name back! ;)

I know how it work´s with the licence handling on the machsupport.com homepage. But thanks for your Info. I just remember: maybe i´m wrong but was it limitet how often you can change your system / licence ( Mach4 Hobby Version)?!?
I´m not shure but when yes, then i disagree that the solution of licencing is the best for the future of mach4. :-\
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 02:55:21 PM »
A full description of license policies and procedures can be found here:

http://www.machsupport.com/my-account/license-maintenance/license-maintenance-instructions/

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 04:09:49 PM »
Hi Steve,
thanks for the Link!  :)
Now i understand how it works now!
Has it changed for example since the industrial version is available?

do you know what´s about deactivatet licences? The reason why i ask: i have from the begining the old licence forn mach4 in the early versions. but this one and another one is not longer required!? so i allways have 2 deactivatet one on top!?

Regards
Uwe
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 04:26:20 PM »
The policy for Mach4Industrial is to allow only 1 license active at a time.

If you see licenses listed for computers that are no longed needed, you should
deactivate them so the do not count against you maximum of 5 for Mach4Hobby.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 04:39:05 PM »
Hi Steve,

this is the information i alwyas missed! Thanks!
The only bad taste is if you change for example like me the computer name for example then you get for al changes a new PC ID. Ok you can deactivate they but at least you get a nice long list of useles entrys! cause at the end you need only one! the right one  ;) ;D

Regards
Uwe