Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 09:52:42 AM

Author Topic: "Probe interrupted"  (Read 1580 times)

"Probe interrupted"
« on: August 11, 2017, 08:14:44 PM »
Hi

As title states i have a probe error, and now i am trying to get this fixed once and for all, tired of not having my probe working.

I am running the famous pokeys57cnc board, and boy how that one performs... i wish.. ohh well, it performs well for motions and working just as i want, except for probing.

Have been checking forums and all, and cant see that anyone else mentions this error.

I have now stripped my board down, disconnected EVERYTHING just to see if i can find the source of my error, So now i only have my pokeys57cnc, power to it from 12v psu, ethernet cable for connection, emergency button and my probe.. thats all, all drivers and limits and so on are disconnected and shut down.

Still i do get this error when testing, works some times, but most of the times i get "Probe interrupted" and then the Z axis doesnt stop on probe hit, it just continues untill it reaches abit then stops on error.

Have checked my lines for noise with osciloscope and cant find any noise even down to the largest resolution i can get.
I just got a new file from polabs to test, same result on that one.

Anyone else getting this error ?
Re: "Probe interrupted"
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 10:13:53 AM »
I have the same board working fine with z axis probing. It sounds to me like your input is not activating the probe pin on the controller. Can you verify that the pin is connected correctly? Is your configuration setup correctly for that controller? Are you getting the touch probe indicator light when touching?
Re: "Probe interrupted"
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »
I had no problem on the signal, After som mail with polabs, i got a software from them that makes logging between mach4 and pokeys, sendt them the logg and it seems like they have never seen my error before. But they sendt me a patch and it has been working since then :)