Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:22:12 PM

Author Topic: Jobs being Ruined (only just started)  (Read 3560 times)

Re: Jobs being Ruined (only just started)
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 04:26:02 PM »
just a thought, you might be retaining an offset or other code when the job has finished. This carries over to the next component. by shutting down your computer and machine you cancel all previous codes and reset all positions so all will be correct. make sure all your subroutines are cancelled at the end of the program as they sometimes carry over to your next component.

How would I cancel a subroutine?  I think something somewhere is carrying over to my next job and I'm still no closer to figuring it out.

Thanks again
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 04:41:48 PM »
I'm a hobby CNC'er so don't use complex programs but I always start my programs with a G80 in the first line, I used to teach CNC programming in the 1990 which again was very basic but insisted all my students started their programs with the first line with G0 (G21 or G20) G49 G17 G80 G40 G50 G90 probably over cooked instructions and things have moved on, but when dealing with students it saved lots of crashes and damage.
Hope this helps.
Jim
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 09:54:33 AM »
When this happens to me the first thing I always check is, are the mechanical components lubricated.