Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:46:18 PM

Author Topic: Jobs being Ruined (only just started)  (Read 3576 times)

Jobs being Ruined (only just started)
« on: August 10, 2017, 12:46:16 PM »
Hi,  

I'm having some problems with I assume Mach3 - I also use Vcarve pro

I run 2 sets of code - one for the lettering and one for holes that fit currency in and have worked up until very recently.  Yes I do a tool swap which has worked up until today.

Please see the images attached.  The coloured image is the finished product and the none coloured ones - the star and the 'word' done are supposed to be at the bottom of the MDF.

Throughout the day I have been binning jobs and I'm at a loss as to why.

Can anyone help?
Re: Jobs being Ruined (only just started)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 04:10:16 PM »
Update: After my last post, I shut down - turned everything off, but Because I'm not able to sit still, I went back out to the shed to run another test piece at 9P.M  ::)

It's now running how it should.  Lettering in the correct places, not tried the pockets as I'll get moaned at but I'll give that a go tomorrow.

So has anyone heard of resolving a problem by shutting everything down and rebooting Laptop and starting back up?  This lettering job is all of 6 minutes and I have in the past ran a whole day with no problems.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 05:27:19 PM »
Well, I can't say specifically for MACH3 if a reboot fixed it, however, on MANY occaisions, a reboot of "any" computer system has proven to fix many problems.

In my experience, when ********* doesn't make sense and a computer is attached to it, reboot the computer is the first thing to try.

Glad you are up an running again.

Chris
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 05:28:14 PM »
Ha, that is funny, my reply got sensored because I spelled "Poop" the adult way, too funny.

Chris D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 06:14:49 AM by RICH »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,671 2,671
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 01:28:14 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 06:12:48 AM »
 :D

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 06:34:29 AM »
Chris D,
my reply got sensored because I spelled "Poop" the adult way, too funny.

Wasn't me, but, you will find this site to be of higher than normal  standards. Checked my politically correct dictionary and could not find  any
of the words commonly used in the adult world for doo-doo.

Hmm ........ maybe there is a  trick ....if it's not in the dictionary then it may get sensored.
 ::)
RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 07:40:21 AM »
Hi Rich,

If you are checking the poo combinations you may have too much time on your hands buddy  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 09:15:05 AM »
just a thought, you might be retaining an offset or other code when the job has finished. This carries over to the next component. by shutting down your computer and machine you cancel all previous codes and reset all positions so all will be correct. make sure all your subroutines are cancelled at the end of the program as they sometimes carry over to your next component.