Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:03:18 AM

Author Topic: Spindle start problem  (Read 6462 times)

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
Spindle start problem
« on: June 26, 2007, 12:07:18 AM »
I am running the code attached and when when the Z axis moves to the negative, the spindle does not come on.  If it moves in the positive direction, then the spindle comes on. The mill is set up to have the Z-axis move in the negtive direction from 0.

Any help would be appreciated.
Greg
Re: Spindle start problem
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 11:22:33 AM »
Hi Greg,

I went through your file and made two changes that I could see were incorrect. Try the attached file and see if it makes a difference.

Jeff

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »
i did not compare code, i just tried it. the first time it worked after that it has not. it will go to the line that has the spindle speed & the m3 & not do anything, it just goes to the next line & then starts the z raid. anymore help would be greatly appreciatted. thanks greg

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 12:29:01 PM »
i am wondering if something is wrong with my relay for my spindle? usually the first time i try to run a wizard the m3 works after that the code stops on that line then continues &the spindle does not start. i have not tried to turn the spindle on by hand since mach2. in the diagnostics page if i hit spindle toggle the dwell light comes on, should the spindle start also? if not how do i turn the spindle off & on by hand?  thanks greg

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 12:54:59 PM »
Hey Greg,
    If the dwell light is on the spindle relay shouldn't change states. In config, ports and pins, spindle set up what do you have in the spindle dwell settings? Also, what are you running for hardware? Can you post your XML file?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 10:54:12 PM »
I am using a xylotex 4-axis.  I have one other question.  Is there a place to turn the spindle on and off manually?

Greg

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 10:57:01 PM »
Here is the xml and a screen shot.

Greg

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 12:50:34 AM »

Is there a place to turn the spindle on and off manually?

There is a button on the standard screenset on the bottom left hand side. Under "Spindle Speed"

Toggles CW spindle. Also works with F5   OEM code is 110 if your moding your screenset.

Greg

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 06:07:37 AM »
Greg, if you want Mach to control the spindle, you need to uncheck the disable spindle relay in the screen shot we both posted.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 11:34:35 AM »
brett, the funny part is sometimes when i have just started the system up m3 in the code does start the spindle. thanks greg