Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:32:07 PM

Author Topic: E-cut BoB output configuration  (Read 2419 times)

E-cut BoB output configuration
« on: July 28, 2017, 10:24:03 AM »
I have this card in my machine: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Axis-E-Cut-USB-MACH3-Motion-Control-Card-CNC-Interface-Breakout-Driver-Board-/152143428460?hash=item236c747b6c
It is not something I choose, it was simply part of the machine I bought. I have had no problems with this BOB but now I need to get an additional output to work and the documentation is basically not existing.

I am trying to configure one of the outputs to connect a relay and finally drive the TTL signal of a laser.
Is there anyone that has the same breakout board?
My issue is the following:

I have connected the output #3 and connected a dc voltmeter between such wire and ground.
Using the BoB plugin configurator I see that the output switch on (24Vdc) when I trigger the output #4. Since they start physically counting the outputs from 0, I am not surprised that the output marked #3 on the board switches with the command #4 from the plugin screen. Even the physical output #2 switch from the command 3 on the plugin screen switching on the light.  So, it is like that.
Cool! the output is working with the BoB plugin.
I am not an expert of Mach3, just a beginner user.

Now the mission is to get it working from Mach3.
I did set in the output configuration both the output 3 and 4 to port 1, pin 3 and pin 4 respectively.
I did try to switch on/off such outputs using Gcode M11p3, M11p4, M10p3, M10p4 without any success.
I even tried to configure the output as spindle mapping those outputs (3 and 4) to pin 17 and then using M4 M5 commands.
I am not getting right and I am now quite confused.
I am not sure if I am using the wrong Gcode commands to get the output or if I am doing a mistake in configuring it.

Any help to get the output from such BoB on a Gcode command  will be appreciated.
Thank you
Felice

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:37:15 AM by Millone »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: E-cut BoB output configuration
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 01:34:39 AM »
I don’t have an E-Cut board to test but I doubt that it supports the M11/M10 command set.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: E-cut BoB output configuration
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 02:35:22 AM »
Thanks.
Noted.
I did create custom commands M1061 and M1060 to switch on/off the output.
Now it is working.
Thanks