Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 11:31:04 AM

Author Topic: Variable Frequency Drive operation from Mach  (Read 1610 times)

Offline c30232

•  122 122
    • View Profile
Variable Frequency Drive operation from Mach
« on: July 23, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »
I wish to control a router spindle from VFD via Mach.  Unfortunately, I do not have a schematic/manual for the BOB.  Nor can I get the seller to provide information beyond that the feature is on the BOB.

I found a dull and corroded terminal pair that were away from the rest.  I guessed at the pin.  I am able to switch the spindle on and measure 2 volts at the terminal.  That's the end of progress.

The terminal seems to have a sub-board section related to just that pair.  There is a pot on that section.  Dialing the pot does not change the voltage.

If I have found the correct terminal then the issue is within Mach.  How do I best configure Mach in order positively identify the terminal and set the voltage range?       

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Variable Frequency Drive operation from Mach
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 05:25:26 PM »
Start by posting a picture of your board.

Then tell us what model the VFD is, and what terminals on the VFD the wires from your BOB go to.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline c30232

•  122 122
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 06:11:37 PM »
See attached.  I am searching for a manual for input terminals.  I thought output voltage would be good to find before crawling under to have a go at the VFD.  The VFD will soon be easily accessible, we are removing the vacuum table to access the gantry attachments.   

Offline c30232

•  122 122
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 07:00:25 PM »
More data attached.