Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:27:28 PM

Author Topic: How to test if my BP Interact 1 can handle a new control.  (Read 3337 times)

How to test if my BP Interact 1 can handle a new control.
« on: July 20, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »
Hi folks,
Got a BP series 1 interact sometime back. Mechanically it was like new as it was stored well but the electronics had degraded. The caps in the monitor leaked and even after replacing, it was never stable. The control also froze so if you initialized and ran a programme it was fine. Anything else like moving from manual to jog and back would freeze it after a couple of actions.
The y axis drive board gave up after a few months so I left it sit for a bit till I found a replacement board. Once I fitted it, the monitor gave up completely but I was still able to initialize the z and y axis so the new board works fine. The machine just froze when I tried to initialize the x. I swapped the boards and the x board worked fine in the y slot so from what I can tell I have 3 working boards and power going to at least two axes. If like to get the machine going again and don't have an issue spending the cash on it. I was planning on the csmio/ip-a but I need to make sure the machine can take it. I'm worried about spending close on a grand on an interface only to find out the power supply or coils are shot. Can anyone suggest the best way to test the system?. I can borrow a function generator to produce a +/- 10v supply and could build a basic amplifier circuit if it was spelled out to me in the way you might talk to a very dim chimp. If I could get all 3 axes reciprocating through 150mm /6" travel at the same time then I'd feel more confident taking the plunge.
Can anyone suggest how I would test the current power supplies and boards simultaneously?
Thanks for reading.
U.
Re: How to test if my BP Interact 1 can handle a new control.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 03:03:48 AM »
Let me try a different tack here as I think I'm over complicating things. Will a dirt cheap break out board allow me to control the 3 axes using mach3 in evaluation mode. If so what board should I go for keeping in mind I'll be chucking it on the shelf after a day if it works and will move onto to the cs labs board. I only want something for small money that can prove the existing power supplies and drive boards will function together without blowing.
Cheers,
Upgrade.
Re: How to test if my BP Interact 1 can handle a new control.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 04:27:20 AM »
Sorry. Should mention they are 3 of, 130V 30A servos. I'd need to mount a couple of amt 103 encoders for feedback also and would wire in the home and limits too for safety for the test. I have checked ebay but can't see anything under £50 that would do the job.
Rgds,
Up.