Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:14:21 AM

Author Topic: List of problems & bugs  (Read 2444 times)

List of problems & bugs
« on: June 25, 2007, 02:29:12 AM »
It would be a very big timesaver for a lot of people if we had a "sticky" list
with known limitations, problems, and bugs.

Preferably it could be arranged in sections:
Limitations and not yet implemented features
Verified problems
Multiple reported problems but not verified yet
Suspected problems.

It is discouraging to spend a long time fighting with a problem, finally verifying it and
then do a careful write up so it will be easy for Art and Brian to fix if the problem,
and than it turns out that it is an already known problem.

I am not complaining about problems, this is a beta, and even if it wasn’t, problems
happen.  We need to try to be efficient about finding and correcting them.

Here are a few possible problems with the latest download:
Equipment: New fast computer with Win-XP and all updates and LazyCam Pro. 
Also please remember that I am very new with both Mach3 and LazyCam.  I only
tried to use the regular version once before just now switching to the beta.
(The project is a rectangular panel about 75 x 500mm, with 5 milled holes, not pockets, in it)

1.  Selecting the zoom box and then drawing a zooming rectangle, it fails to
zoom to the drawn box size.  The zoom area is approximately twice the size of the drawn box.

2.  Using offsets to allow for the cutter size works except backwards:  I have to select “outside”
to create an inside cutter path.  This was OK on the previous version.

3.  Deleting a chain does not update the outline, which is presumably OK, but creating an offset updates it.

4.  I do not think it is a problem but at least initially it was confusing: There is a fast plunge
depth in the layer menu and there is another one on the post menu.  The two offset add together.

5.  There used to be an option to add opening and closing G-codes in that post menu on the
previous revision and it is missing now or I did not find the option.

6.  I saved a LazyCAM project and then opened it again and it had changed.  A deleted chain came
back and two chains got linked somehow.  Selecting one and the other one also got selected
and I do not know how to split them apart.  I have not tried this last again but the previous
items are repeatable happening.

Comment/ question:
The absolute positions of the holes are critical as referenced to the physical panel which goes
into a fixture with 0/0 set.  If I run the “clean” command it sets the reference to the lower
left which is good.  Since I do not want to cut the outside of the panel since it is already finished,
I remove that outside chain.  If any time later, the Clean” command is used, I will loose the physical
reference of the lower left corner.  I saw a button with something about permanent references
or something but do not know how to use it.

How should I handle this situation?  Now I only clean once before removing that outside chain.

The work piece size and clamping are typically not mentioned in the great videos.  It shows a
workspace that is the full size of the project but not how to fixture it and that often the work
piece is bigger than the final product.

A similar list for Mach3 would also be desirable.
Bertho

Re: List of problems & bugs
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:29:18 PM »
Thanks for the list :) We will see what we can do to get this all fixed so we can move on to Quantum ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com