Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:08:31 PM

Author Topic: Threading Wizard  (Read 5382 times)

Re: Threading Wizard
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 02:02:29 AM »
Rich
I´m on vacation and not near the Mach3 PC. I have attached the manual and the wiring diagram. Google drive is with you every where. There was also a MACH3 copy with the card but I did not use it. I have a legal copy. The seller claimed it was a Smooth Stepper card. I´m quite sure that the card does not handle treading and this is the problem.
What if I connect the index sensor direct to the LPT? It´s possible to have several cards in the Mach3.
Thank you for the advices Rich.
Gaute

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 08:26:49 AM »
Gaute,

The seller claimed it was a Smooth Stepper card.
Yea, right, and he also has a bridge in China he would like to sell you! >:D

What if I connect the index sensor direct to the LPT?
As replied before,  Can't specifically answer if that will work.
You can try and see what happens.....................

So ask the seller these questions:
  Does the driver board support Mach3 threading?
Did he say yes?

In threading you can't have two different inputs for the RPM as indicated by the DRO.
The index provides rpm info to Mach, and as you said, the index and DRO indication seems to be working. So manualy set the rpm for the spindle, then Mach3 should be using the info from the index input for threading, and that will be reflected in the DRO.

When time to implement threading, the rpm value is given to Mach, it must be stable before it will be used ( else motion will not occur). With two inputs they would be fighting each other where one implies  speed up whle the other may slow down, and that fighting also impacts the next threading  move.

This goes back to:
So ask the seller these questions:
   What exactly is represented by that output from the card?
BTW, I requested the xml file you are using for the lathe.
I am not a mind reader on how you have things configured ........... :)

RICH
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:28:33 AM by RICH »
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 12:10:53 PM »
Hello Rich
I´m back and here is the file.
This is the reply from the card supplier:
Hello, I'm sorry this card can not be used for treading , you need buy a parallel port card

Is it possible to use two cards one USB and one parallell and connect the index sensor to  the parallell card?
Thanks
Gaute
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 03:12:25 AM »
I must also commit that I said I had speed feedback from the pickup. This may not bee correct. S True reads speed but when I use a hand held tachometer the speeds are not the same. It could be that I get feedback from the VSD??

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 06:19:19 AM »
Is it possible to use two cards one USB and one parallell and connect the index sensor to  the parallell card?

I do not know if that  will work.

RICH
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 07:45:42 AM »
Her is a correct file

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 08:33:13 AM »

I do not know if that  will work.

RICH
Was wondering the same thing. I have the 6040Z USB (XHC MachMotion), but would like to have more inputs/outputs. I did not install the parallel port driver as instructed by seller. I know I'd have to do that but am concerned about conflicts with all of it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 02:56:20 PM »
Hi,
it is not possible to have two motion controllers active at once. Given that a parallel port is a motion control device then I suspect its not
possible to have it active at the same time as a USB controller.

Something similar is possible with Mach4. You can still only have one motion controller, say an ESS, but have another board like a PoKeys 57E active with
the 57E behaving as an IO board only. Whether a similar arrangement can be done in Mach3 I don't know.

It certainly is possible for Mach3 to accommodate both serial and/or Modbus data in addition to its regular motion controller.

The other way to achieve more input is to use a board that has it already. An ESS has three 'ports' worth of IO, a PMDX-424 has two 'ports' worth
and a PoKeys 57E or 57U has 55 digital IOs, some of which can be configured as analogue IO, very flexible. Any of these boards would allow you
to control your machine and have maybe a dozen or more inputs left over.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »
Hi
I have removed the USB card and put in two parallell port cards. This solved the treading issue but I have some problems with the speed control. I have a Vacon VFD vit 0-10 VDC.e
When I give S1000 the speed is 672 rpm and STrue shows 224
In ports & pins, Spindel Use Spindel Motor Output and PWM Control is ticked.Minimum PWM 0%, PWM Base Freq 5
Spindel pulley is set to ratio 1 max speed 3000.
Any idea what is wrong?