Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:05:14 AM

Author Topic: Need dedicated cycle start  (Read 1799 times)

Need dedicated cycle start
« on: June 22, 2017, 08:34:19 AM »
OK.  So I am frustrated.  Not sure if this is the right category. 
Here goes.  I am quite sure this is a very old subject and very easy to do.  ..but.. I have an older i-pac that works fine and have married some functions already to it but I want to also do a cycle start.  I see the way to do this come off the Bob and use an Oem codes but I want to save the inputs for other features later down the road so feel I could get this done with the i-pac.  The only problem is it seems the only way I can do this is change the hotkey for cycle start.  Everytime I download machscreen and try to run it it won't run as a file is missing or something.  So what am I to do?  Is there a machscreen file that works?  I am thinking I will be asked what version mach I'm running and I will have to look.  I think it's 3.4 or something. I also l as t night tried changing the hotkey on load g code to something generic and it doesn't want to work either.  All else is not a big deal I just simply want a cycle start button on my panel without using inputs on breakout board and using the i-pac. Also what file stores all of your settings in case computer crashed and I have to reload.
Thank you in advance

Offline CRS

•  61 61
    • View Profile
Re: Need dedicated cycle start
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 10:18:15 PM »
Hi maxaircarbs,

I think the only reason I am replying to your post is I know how frustrating it can be.  Firstly, I don't quite understand what Mach you are using. You mention OEM codes, but Mach 4, as far as I understand, doesn’t use OEM codes anymore.  All things Mach4 are accomplished via Lua scripts.

I think OEM codes were used in Mach3.

So let us first get that bit clear.  If you are using Mach 3 then this is the wrong place to post, if Mach 4, then we need to be having a different discussion.

If you use Mach4, then I at least may be able to help you to get your Cycle Start working.

Craig
Re: Need dedicated cycle start
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 10:52:02 PM »
thanks craig...
 yes it is mach 3. I have since downloaded the machscreen exe so I do believe the journal should be downhill from here. I have a new I pac on the way as the one I recently acquired for some odd reason decided to not be of value any more...lol. please report or direct this post to the proper category. I want to post pics but have not got this far yet. used to do the forums all the time so was easy but have to get up to speed again..lol
thank you