Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:03:27 AM

Author Topic: Axis starts moving when resetting mach  (Read 1230 times)

Axis starts moving when resetting mach
« on: June 21, 2017, 08:57:21 PM »
Hello.  Newbie alert!!  Retrofitting a router with a CSMIO/IP-A and I have been through the manuals a bit for both mach and the controller to make what I think is the correct mach settings but I have the following problem:

When resetting mach, the x axis appears to be sent a signal to move in the positive direction (but it should not as I have not commanded it to). The carrier starts to move but mach immediately gives an error "ePID fault... Press RESET on MACH screen".  I believe I have a problem with my encoder settings in Mach, but not for certain.  The encoders are connected to the servo drive, then the drive is connected to CSMIO encoder inputs.  Drives are setup for Speed, not position.  I have the correct encoder port configured in the controller plugin, but I see in mach there is the Encoder/MPG settings screen.  Should I need custom settings in this screen?  Also, i have never used the PID tuning feature in mach, I am more interested in seeing if my encoders are giving me the correct feedback.  Thoughts?
Re: Axis starts moving when resetting mach
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 08:44:51 PM »
I figured it out.  I had to check the box to reverse the encoder in the axis setup for CSMIO/IP-A.  I also had a servo alarm configured incorrectly in mach.