Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:20:01 AM

Author Topic: HiCON Integra - 6-Axis Step/Direction Ethernet Motion Controller (pn 7766)  (Read 3535 times)

I need reviews on this HiCON Integra - 6-Axis Step/Direction Ethernet Motion Controller (pn 7766) controller running with mach4 windows.

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
AmitKumar171,
Hi,
We are currently using a HiCON Integra - 6-Axis Step/Direction Ethernet Motion Controller (pn 7766) controller running with mach4 windows.
We made our own controller and set up 4 Axis plus an MPG directly connected to the HiCON and as well as a Spindle.
We decided that running 5 axis was going to take too long to machine the items we wanted in brass.
The HiCON and Mach4 allowed us the wire up a full set of button controls that fully emulated the Mach4 Screen controls.
The card is fully functional and works perfectly with fine engravings with Mach4 in 3 Axis.
We have not tested 4 axis but see no issue with the HiCON card in being able to perform this function (we are waiting for Mach4 to be able to did play a 4 axis toolpath, as yet it cannot do it).
The Firmware can handle Backlash and Fine increments with MPG and MDI.
We have no issues machining with runs that exceed 12 hours.
We have no problems using cutters down to .05mm Radius machining brass.
The documentation is very detailed and extensive and the support at VitalSystems is some of the best we have seen.
HiCON with its Firmware and Plugin are rock solid with the current release of Mach4.
It may cost a little more than some others, however this Card works out of the box.
I have no hesitation in fully recommending this card to anyone who wants to perform fine machining outcomes.
Regards,
Mauri.
Ok sounds pretty impressive may i know price of Hicon motion controller pn7766 for 6 axis. or at what price you got it.?

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
AmitKumar171,
I paid the price as listed on the Website $595.
http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/hicon/hicon_integra/hicon_integra.php#
It depends if you buy more than I item or a combination of items.
Ask VitalSytems to give you a quote.
Regards,
Mauri.
Ok solved thanks