Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:10:16 AM

Author Topic: G Code for dividing a circle.  (Read 1789 times)

G Code for dividing a circle.
« on: June 11, 2017, 01:44:49 AM »
Hi
I have visited a couple of times. I am looking at the stand alone CNC Controllers available out of China to run an electronic indexer. My requirement are simple, I need to divide 360 degrees into the following indexes:

8 10 30 32 60 64.

Is it possible to get a G Code package to do this or will I need to start from scratch?

I have spent a bit of time studying MACH3 and G Code but up to this point have not had a need to actually use it.

I will be 80 in couple of months which is probably a bit late in the day to be learning to use G Code, but doing this sort of stuff keeps me out of mischief.
Bob :)
Re: G Code for dividing a circle.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 09:42:11 PM »
I used the circular bolt pattern wizard in Mach 3 to make marks for me in 5 degree increments. I'm not sure what your indexes are but maybe you could figure some way to use this wizard.
Re: G Code for dividing a circle.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 02:00:13 AM »
I haven't tried that yet but I did find Theoretical Machining.Com which has this incredible Bolt Hole Circle Calculator which should give me the divisions I need. After it does the calculations it provides the G code to make it work. All pretty incredible really.

Bob :)