Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:42:42 AM

Author Topic: HELP a newbie, so stress and depress...  (Read 2058 times)

HELP a newbie, so stress and depress...
« on: June 08, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »
I love OX CNC and built it. Bought electrical parts (including motors, board...) from a seller (who i now consider as mr. knowing nothing >,<)

It's a mach3 board

I'm using win7 32 bit

Please help, i did everything but still my PC won't communicate with CNC machine. The reset button wont stop blinking... nothing happens

Here are some pictures of my situation now... Please help, i'm so stress and depress now :(

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: HELP a newbie, so stress and depress...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 11:52:30 AM »
Don’t be stressed / depressed, it takes time and patience to build a cnc but the rewards are immense

Your first picture looks like a BOB but I don’t see the printer port connection. Let us know how the wiring is done or a picture shown all the wiring
Nicolas
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:41:08 PM »
Hi,
middle upper of BoB, next to relay, is that a USB socket?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:26:21 AM »
Thanks you guys for replying :)

pls help me

here are some more wiring that the seller did for me, i just bring it home and plug it in

Before handed electrical parts to me, he did trial run and worked :(

Is it because of the windows 7 32 bit?
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 03:09:11 AM »
Hi,
it is definitely a parallel port connected BoB with USb as a powersupply only.

I would suggest in the first instance disconnect all the stepper drives from the BoB. Concentrate on the Estop to start with, that will
establish communication with Mach, the start adding motors.

What port and pin is assigned to Estop?

Craig

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 09:50:53 AM »
You should consider arranging the wiring inside the control box in a better way. This kind of electronics are subject to “noise” and the way wires crossing / touching over drivers could create major problems
Nicolas
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 02:24:51 AM »
Hi,
do you have a multimeter?  Disconnect all wires from your BoB except the power supply wires.

Suggest: Config/Ports and Pins/Input Signals  scan down to Estop, check Enable, Port=1, Pin=10, click Apply.

On Mach3 Diagnostics Tab is the Estop LED active or not? With your multimeter measure the voltage of pin 10 of your BoB
relative to 0V. If the voltage is high, 5V for a 5V BoB then your BoB has a pull-up resistor. In Machs default configuration, Estop
is active high, then I would expect the diagnostic Estop LED to be ON. If the voltage is low, 0V, then your BoB has a pull-down
resistor and I would expect the diagnostic Estop LED to be OFF.

Now: Config/Ports and Pins/Input Signals/Estop Enable=checked Port=1 Pin=10 Active Low=checked, Click Apply, I would expect with pin 10
voltage high then diagnostic Estop LED to be OFF. With Estop OFF you should be able to Reset Mach and have the Reset button go green and
be continuously light. If however pin 10 voltage is low, ie pull-down resistor, the diagnostic Estop LED should be ON. With Estop LED ON
no matter how hard you try you will not be able to Reset Mach, nor will you until you clear the emergency fault and get the Estop LED
to turn OFF.

If you now take a small wire from pin 10 to 0V, or alternately to 5V you should see the diagnostic Estop LED change state.

If you can follow this and get the Estop to work you've learnt about you BoB, that is, a pull-up or pull-down resistor and you've established
that your BoB can communicate over the parallel port. Thats good progress.

Let us know how you get on.

Craig