Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:04:25 AM

Author Topic: Drilling Problem  (Read 1561 times)

Drilling Problem
« on: May 26, 2017, 12:47:19 PM »
Hi, I am trying to make an indexing plate on my CNC router, i have made them before without out problems, but i have just started to make another one and the circles are not running true, I cant see that i have changed anything so it should be the same as the last one i made which was perfect, the only thing i hace done is to use an airline on the keyboard to blow the swarf out, i was wondering if it might have pressed a key and changed something, the first circle seems ok but the next one is way off centre, tried to upload an image but its not having it.
Re: Drilling Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 05:42:24 PM »
Hi,
I'm guessing that the X and Y axes are no longer at exactly the same scale.

Imagine a circle of 100mm radius but where the X component suddenly increased its length by 10%. You would
end up with an oval, 200mm in Y but 220mm in X.

Looking at the circles you've produced can you see an oval shape? If so might direct you to a faulty axis.

While your description doesn't sound like the classic fault....it could be and worth checking.
On the Config/General Config page ensure IJ Mode (approx centre of page) is checked 'incremental'.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 04:33:17 AM »
Picture
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »
All sorted now, installed service pack 3 on computer and its all working fine again