Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:56:08 PM

Author Topic: memory write error windows 10  (Read 2358 times)

memory write error windows 10
« on: May 17, 2017, 06:17:36 PM »
I''ve downloaded the latest Mach3 (version 3) but when I try to run it I get the error:  memory write error to readonly location: mach3.sys.   The system then reboots.

Computer is Win10, 2 GB memory, MPU is just idling.   Only running Mach 3 on this machine, nothing else.   

I had Mach 3 running at one time a couple years ago on an XP computer, but transferred all my files to a win7 computer that I upgraded to Win10.

I have a license for Mach3...if I can ever get it to run.

I've tried a number of utilities, upgraded drivers, uninstalled completely the old Mach 3 and re-installed very fresh, even cleaned out the registry.

Any ideas?   I see another board that indicates running under Vista/Win7.  Is this where I should be looking?
Re: memory write error windows 10
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 06:29:43 PM »
Hi,
what external motion controller are you using?.

While Mach will run under Windows10 the parallel port driver will not. The parallel port will run under a 32bit OS Windows7 or
earlier. If you wish to use Windows10 as OS then you will require an external motion controller.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 12:55:02 PM »
I had a CNC4PC motion controller/break out box with parallel port so I bought their USB to parallel converter.

I haven't hooked the machine up yet, just trying to get a clean install.  Starts to run then gives me the error.

Maybe I shouldn't have loaded the parallel port driver when Mach asked me to?

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 07:14:03 PM »
Hi,
tell me more about this USB to Parallel converter. If you are trying to use Machs Parallel Port the converter won't work.

There are a number of external motion controllers which plug into the PC with USB but after all their internal trickery connect to your
BoB with a DB25 plug. All of these controllers will use a software plugin. Do you have this plugin?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'