Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:43:35 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Pokeys57CNC Input/Output Mapping PLEASE HELP!  (Read 5510 times)

Mach4 Pokeys57CNC Input/Output Mapping PLEASE HELP!
« on: May 05, 2017, 02:17:26 AM »
I have a home built CNC Router running on Pokeys57CNC and newly installed Mach4.  I would like to have an external NO switch control Relay1 output on the Pokeys57CNC.  I have setup all the inputs and outputs in the Pokeys plugin and in Mach4 setup screens.  It is my understanding that I am going to have to write LUA scripts to make this, and other things like it, work in Mach4...

I have read hours upon hours of posts and forum topics over the past few weeks, and manuals for Mach4 and Pokeys57CNC, and I can't for the life of me figure this out!!  If anyone has done this, can you please post an example of the LUA script so I can try to make sense of what I need to do.  My thought is, if I can see an example of one, I can probably figure out how to do the other stuff I need to do, like program Relay2, and SSR1, and SSR2.  I also have an MPG hooked up, along with some rotary switches for axis and Step multiplier functions that I would like to hook up.  BTW, what happened to the MPG flyout in Mach4?  I know in Mach3 you hit the tab key and the MPG screen would come up.....can't figure that out in Mach4....

I know this is a lot of information for one post, but ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!  I know what I want to do can be done, just can't wrap my head around the LUA stuff without some guidance.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Re: Mach4 Pokeys57CNC Input/Output Mapping PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 09:29:05 PM »
Really??  Nothing??  Surely I'm not the only one trying to do this that looks at this forum.
Please, any help would be awesome!

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 01:07:35 AM »
Map the Input and Output signals in Mach4 to switches and relays (found under 'PoKeys <serial> PE' device). Unfortunately, Mach4 does not come straight away with something graphical like 'Brains' as in Mach3, but gives you an option to use LUA. I would suggest to look at the Mach4 related posts at our blog http://blog.poscope.com/ - in one of them we explained how to map a signal from a PoKeys signal to a specific Mach4 functions. This can be updated to loop the signal back to a relay.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 08:25:05 AM »
Unfortunately, Mach4 does not come straight away with something graphical like 'Brains' as in Mach3

Mach4's version of Brains is PMC. Anyone who liked Brains in 3 will likely love PMC in Mach4.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 02:43:28 PM »
for all you later readers who don't feel like going on a rabbit trail to find the information:
I think I was able to distil the previous post to the following link.
https://blog.poscope.com/mach-4-motion-controller-pokeys57-cnc/
I too am really struggling with key mapping.
cheers