Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:35:31 AM

Author Topic: ATC with Mach3  (Read 4073 times)

ATC with Mach3
« on: May 03, 2017, 01:15:32 PM »
I have a problem with automatic tool change.  If I change lets say to tool 2 the screen shows tool 2, but it has the wrong x,z values. But if I then go to tool number on the screen and hit tool 2 and enter it, it changes to the right x,z values.  So on running a program with tool changes, the tool change occurs and it shows the correct number on the screen, but it is not the correct x,z values,  Mach 3 does not seem to recognize the tool change unless I manually reenter the tool number, which makes it impossible to run a program with tool changes.

Any help out there??
Re: ATC with Mach3
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 12:54:48 PM »
Never mind!  I figured out what I was doing wrong.  When entering a tool number you must put in the tool number and the offset for the tool .  For example T0101 means tool 1 and the offset for tool one,
T0303 means tool number 3 and the offset for tool number3.  I was going astray by putting in T0101 and then T0301,  so I was switching to tool 3 but was using the offset for tool 1.  I mistakenly  thought all the offsets were in reference to tool 1 so I was using 1 for all the offset numbers.  Dumb and dumber!!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 02:27:07 PM »
Hi, I'm fairly new to CNC milling. I have a CNC Linear machine with an ATC using Mach 3 as the controller. I would like to be able to disable the ATC and manually run a milling routine starting from the home position 0,0. I'm not sure which settings to change in Mach 3 in order to do this. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »
Hi,
on the Config/General Config... page top left hand corner there are settings for tool change. If you wish just to continue with the tool
currently fitted check the 'Ignore Tool Change' option. I think it would pay to restart Mach just in case a restart is required for the
setting to be recognised.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 04:24:30 PM »
Thanks for the direction to go. Now is there any special settings to change in order to start the current milling operation from location 0,0 ?
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 04:30:25 PM »
Duh....ignore the last post. It occurred to me that I can just home the machine and start the milling operation like normal. The only thing changing is the ATC will be ignored. Thanks, Craig.