Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:29:09 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 build 3372 hangs with CSMIO/IP-A  (Read 1444 times)

Mach4 build 3372 hangs with CSMIO/IP-A
« on: April 28, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »

I use a CS Lab CSMIO/IP-A controller and have generally had good results with Mach4 using plugin version 2.910.

Disturbingly, recent versions of Mach4, including builds 3346 and 3372, appear to be incompatible with the CSMIO/IP-A, preventing motor operation. When Mach4 is started, the controller's internal temperature and voltages are correctly reported, suggesting basic communication is OK. However the CSMIO log file indicates that all calls to mcMotorGetInfoStruct() have failed. Opening Mach4's log file shows it to be flooded with repeated mcMotorIsStill() calls and causes Mach4 to hang. Clearly all is not well.

Version 3233 mostly works well but probing intermittenrly hangs. No probe movement occurs and the PLC is frozen. Mach4 is essentially dead, although the screen remains superficially responsive. The Mach4 log file indicates normal behaviour for G31 up to the point where motor stop reports are requested followed by "Waiting on SetStill..." No further log entries are made. Perhaps this is related to the motor issue with 3372.

Has anyone else seen such behaviour and/or can you suggest the possible cause or resolution? I tend to assume Mach4 is the culprit as nothing else has changed.

Allan
Re: Mach4 build 3372 hangs with CSMIO/IP-A
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:48:15 PM »
We have been running build 3233 for a while without any issues.

Build 3372 installed OK and seems to be running OK in the few minutes that I tried it here
on one of our PMDX SmartBOB boards.

Regards,
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Re: Mach4 build 3372 hangs with CSMIO/IP-A
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 06:36:53 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Steve. That does suggest that the plugin may be responsible so I will contact CS Labs. If only they were as responsive as PMDX...

Allan