Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:43:25 PM

Author Topic: Home & Limit Switches Wont Work Together  (Read 1258 times)

Offline dq828

•  61 61
    • View Profile
Home & Limit Switches Wont Work Together
« on: April 24, 2017, 11:42:51 PM »
Hi

I'm just getting started setting the machine up that I have built, I watched a video that showed how the LIMIT switches could be paired as HOME switches as well.

Before I setup the HOME switching I just had the LIMIT switching activated, & I noticed whenever a LIMIT switch was activated, and after I had move the axis off the switch, I would get an error after the first jog instruction, in other words, I could JOG once, and then the system would stop working & I would have to reboot.

I have now setup the Z (vertical) & Y (across table) axis and the only way I can get the switches to work reliably is, NOT to have them paired as HOME & LIMIT switches, when I do pair them, I get errors that start as soon as one of the HOME/LIMIT switches is activated. Is there anyway around this issue?

Offline dq828

•  61 61
    • View Profile
Re: Home & Limit Switches Wont Work Together
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 01:35:12 AM »
Maybe I solved the issue, all seems to be working at the moment.

I read in another post that maybe this type of issue could be caused by noise(EMI), I have shielded the control cable but when I installed the controller board I had a brain fade, and put one end of the board too close to some AC wiring. I made a temp shield and installed it over the cable and everything seems to be working ok.