Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:20:11 PM

Author Topic: wired toolpath and no idea why  (Read 8344 times)

wired toolpath and no idea why
« on: April 22, 2017, 12:35:30 AM »
Hello,

I'm trying to create a screen with screen-designer. My screen is not ready yet, but as I'm quite curious, I loaded a gcode-file and hit start.

The (desired) workpiece consits of blue lines and purple circles.
What mach3 did is shown by the green circles.

Doing the same with the originial screen 1024 looks like expected:

Green dots match the path of blue lines and purple circles.

Both screens use the same settings, so what am I missing?
Any hint is welcome.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: wired toolpath and no idea why
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 02:11:04 AM »
It all stems from your CAD/CAM software and if the arcs were drawn in Incremental or Absolute mode.

If you get the green 'crop circles' go into Config. / General Config. and change the IJ Mode then Regen. the Toolpath.

Ideally all your Gcode files which contains arcs should include the G90.1 / G91.1 (as appropriate) as part of their initialization string.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 02:23:50 AM »
Hi and thank you for your attention!

What I don't understand - no matter what settings I have active - shouldn't the preview after loading a file be created respecting the same settings as when I hit start?
How can it be, that the preview is perfect and the tool path after run is completely wired?

In the config settings I have absoulute dimensions and incremental IJK.

My gcode sample starts with this line: "G21 G90 G91.1 G64 G40"

But obviously there's a difference between the standard screen (1024) and my created screen. I also searched for an initial macro, but did not find one.
I use the same button function, as in the screen 1024 and the behaviour of the app is completely different :(
When I run the sample with my screen, it seems as if no G0 will be executed.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 02:43:19 AM »
Check the last few lines of your Gcode file for anything that should not be there.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 02:49:40 AM »
??? - how can a difference in the file produce different results depending on the active screen?

Anyway - here's the file

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 03:49:04 AM »
Well, your Gcode file displays and runs just fine here so it now looks like you have done something bad in your designed screen. Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea of  what it could be other than one screen in Absolute and one screen in Incremental modes (assuming that could be done).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 04:04:09 AM »
If you compare both images, it shows up, that both start at different offset (red line to inner circle).

I think, it's not just a matter of absolut/incremental modes. In my screen, the Z-axis does not move and the initial G0 (red line) is not performed.
I did not work out all screens yet. Does the original screen have macros, that run initially under the hood?
I think, it must be something, I did not have done/found yet.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 06:40:18 AM »
Create individual profiles / xml 's for each screen.  Make sure configured  settings are the exact same. Don't just
change / load a different screen to test. See how it goes.

Seems like there is an offset in play when you loaded your screen. Check diagnostics immediately after loading the file in both screens and compare axis positions.

FWIW,

RICH

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 07:39:13 AM »
Thanks for the hint with the xml-files. They are pretty different :(
So I have to dive into xml now ...

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 05:16:06 PM »
You could of just copied the xml you use for the 1024 screen set and renamed the copy to say, MSCREEN.
Then open Mach3 using MSCREEN, load your modified screen and save settings, exit Mach. Open Mach using MSCREEN and your new screen will be used but the settings should be the same as the 1024 screen profile. All that was done was to define what screen set to use.

RICH
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:18:57 PM by RICH »