Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:22:57 AM

Author Topic: Ok, now what did I bump?  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
Ok, now what did I bump?
« on: April 04, 2017, 01:33:00 PM »
Hello all,

Since the dawn of time (well, maybe slightly less than that), when I pushed start after a tool change, my spindle would start, then it would move directly to where it needed to start the next cut, and it would run the next tool path, as expected.

As of a couple days ago, it has changed. Now, after a tool change, the spindle does not start, which scared me to death, then it moves at a slower rate, back to the position it was at when the last tool path ended. The spindle then starts, dwell is activated, and it moves to start the next tool path. It works, but not the same way it used to.

I've compared the settings in Mach3 to my other machine, and I'm not finding what is different. My gcode files have not changed, in fact, some are several years old.

Any guess as to what I might have changed to cause this change in behavior? About the only thing I've changed in settings recently was g54 commands.

Thanks,
Z

Re: Ok, now what did I bump?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 03:54:21 PM »
Restore from last working backup?

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
Re: Ok, now what did I bump?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 03:57:02 PM »
If it were a problem that was causing me to not be able to continue working, that's what I'd be doing. Since it technically still works, just not as expected, I thought I'd post here, and maybe learn something new. If all else fails, I will go to a backup.

Thanks,
Z