Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:20:56 PM

Author Topic: wx.widgets example minimal will not close  (Read 1791 times)

wx.widgets example minimal will not close
« on: April 04, 2017, 09:02:21 AM »
I have the minimal example from widgets loading and running every time I start Mach4 and it will not close even from the task manager.  New widgets that I am trying to author will not start either.
In fact, the minimal app will not close until I close it from the task manager even after exiting Mach4.  Very odd and frustrating.  How can I learn which such obstacles???

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:04:56 AM by thespindoctor »

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Re: wx.widgets example minimal will not close
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:51:26 AM »
I would prob go down the lines of not starting the minimal wizard when mach4 starts and then try other wizards, if you have changed anything in the minimal that is causeing the lua plugin to crash then nothing else will run correctly.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 11:58:59 AM »
That is the wierd problem, the miminal wizard is loading by itself and will not exit.  It persists as a second window when Mach loads. Now it is a permanent fixture.  Howevee the other wizards still run.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 12:04:25 PM »
It must be getting called from somewhere?? copy and paste your lua script into a txt editor and do a search for minimal.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 12:10:16 PM »
Maybe a copy of the minimal widget in another directory is loading.  I will look for and delete.  I hope that is the issue.  It would be nice to load a wizard automatically later if that is an option.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 12:20:47 PM by thespindoctor »
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 06:14:52 PM »
The problem is solved.   There was a version of minimal.mcs in the profile subdirectory that was causing the problem so I just deleted it and now all is well.   
Lesson is - don't put wizard files in the profile subdirectory or they will load every time Mach4 boots.