Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:07:58 PM

Author Topic: Delta Tau Pmac and Flow waterjet  (Read 2325 times)

Delta Tau Pmac and Flow waterjet
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:16:29 PM »
Hello, I have a Delta Tau PMAC Lite board in our Flow waterjet. They had it in a old HP PC that the hard drive crashed in. Managed to rebuild the PC and got the PMAC to work with the PEWIN program from Delta Tau, but can't get the Flow software to run it. Flow hasn't been any help saying all that software is obsolete and we need to replace the control.

Can anyone tell me if Mach 3 or 4 can run the PMAC? We Only have 2 axis plus 2 outputs. I do have the a backup of all the PMAC settings and have been able to upload them to the control. For some reason the flowcut software isn't seeing the PMAC and the new flow guys at tech support don't know what to do. Also we have to run WIN XP because the PMAC is a ISA based card and can't run on anything faster. It's Pentium 2 333MHZ PC with 256K memory (maybe more).

Thanks

Chris

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Tau Pmac and Flow waterjet
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 08:53:28 AM »
No, Neither Mach3 nor Mach4 will work with the Delta Tau PMAC. Your best bet would be to do a retrofit and use Mach4 with one of the controllers (AKA external motion device) that has developed a plugin for 4. If that isn't an option I do know a Delta Tau Guru that I could check with to see if he would be interested in contacting you.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!