Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:46:42 PM

Author Topic: Motor tuning question..  (Read 5198 times)

Re: Motor tuning question..
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 12:36:46 AM »
Hi,
by all means try reducing the microstepping. If you do so just do it alone, ie don't change anything else. Try repeated
microstep changes until such time as you have a positive understanding of how it works.

I started CNCing to make circuit boards for which I use EAGLE, PCB-to-Gcode and Autoleveller software and utilites.
For simple machining tasks like facing and pocketing I use Wizards and/or hand coded Gcode.

For more complex shapes I use Mastercam. It includes quite a useful drawing suite and is a VERY capable CAM package.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 12:46:54 AM »
I am mainly wanting to machine guns aND gun parts.. I was looking at Cambam something cheap.. but I am going to have to teach myself cad as well.. you know of any good vids on starting cad drawing..
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 01:39:40 AM »
Hi,
Fusion 360 is pretty damn good and free.

Craig
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 09:13:12 AM »
I have a copy of that but it's way over my head...
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 03:03:29 PM »
Hi,
unless I am mistaken all CAD/CAM packages are broadly similar and no matter which one you choose you will
initially be 'out of your depth'.

Craig
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 02:42:41 PM »
Hi,
by all means try reducing the microstepping. If you do so just do it alone, ie don't change anything else. Try repeated
microstep changes until such time as you have a positive understanding of how it works.

I started CNCing to make circuit boards for which I use EAGLE, PCB-to-Gcode and Autoleveller software and utilites.
For simple machining tasks like facing and pocketing I use Wizards and/or hand coded Gcode.

For more complex shapes I use Mastercam. It includes quite a useful drawing suite and is a VERY capable CAM package.

Craig

OK so here is what I found out.
My drivers do not do no microstepping.. do I put one if them on 2 MS.

I was able to get accuracy some we here .002
But my steps per were like 20k

So then I went to 4 x MS
 I got .005 accuracy. . But my steps per were 50k +

I don't kn I will if iyou matters if these numbers are that high..
But they feel very wrong..
I have checked my motors a 1.8 degree
5mm pitch..
I am wired big polar parellel

The motors don't scream they sound good.. but then not sure how they are supposed to sound..

So what do you think?
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 09:21:41 PM »
Well I fixed my problem...
Guy on a forum posted the dip switch settings are backwards.

I am truly disappointed in Automation Technologies. . Called to ask a simple question  and was told the need to remote into the machine.. charge me 100 bucks.. I am sure I am not the only had this issue....I bet they know too..

Shop elsewhere. .