Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:22:43 AM

Author Topic: Is it possible to encompass a wizard into a G Code script?  (Read 1069 times)

Is it possible to encompass a wizard into a G Code script?
« on: March 19, 2017, 03:34:50 AM »
Did I ask that correctly? I want to cut a larger rebate out my timber windows to install double glazing which requires a deeper and wider section to sit in.

Currently I am measuring out the existing rebated rectangle the glass sits in. I then create a code using Cambam to further cut out the rectangle in steps thus creating a large rebate deeper and wider inside my window sash.

I would love, to be able to set my end mill inside a cutout of a window frame. Then use the probe "center find" function to feed mach 3 the size of the current rebated inside of a window. Lastly, have my router know to rebate it out a further 20mm at a desired depth.

No need for measuring or setting up. Is this plausible?

And even further. In the situation of a window sash with several panes of glass. Is it plausible to have my router rebate out a section, then move up on the Y axis to automatically center itself and rebate out the next?

I hope I have explained myself. Initial and hardest I feel is the first of feeding a variable into a code.