Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:05:29 AM

Author Topic: G31 probe not working as expected, mach3 demo  (Read 1553 times)

G31 probe not working as expected, mach3 demo
« on: March 16, 2017, 10:39:48 AM »
Hi,

My machine needed to 'zero' it's Z axis in both direction (complicated reasons,) so I set up one of the limit switches to be read as a 'probe' by mach, with the intention that this sort of command:

G31 Z-25000 (a value beyond the point at which the switch should trigger)
G92 Z0
would move the Z axis away from its home position, and reveerse it into the 'probe' switch at the other end of it's limit of travel, at which point it would deam that position to be Z0.

It moves fine, trips the switch fine (marked 'digitzing' or something similar in the diagnostic panel,) but doesnt stop the axis after the switch is tripped. I've checked the wiring, config, and function of the switch itself and the breakout board it's wired to, and can;t see why this won't work. Sample code attached, and xml.

I havent used the machine for 2 years, and I don't seem to have saved the xml for the setup I was using last time, so I've had to modify a previous copy. Also, I can't remember if this problem got solved 2 years ago or not.

Is this something a demo version just won't do?  Or is there something hiding in the config that I havent properly understood?
Re: G31 probe not working as expected, mach3 demo
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 10:42:16 AM »
edit: I have only uploaded the xml, sample code not really needed.