Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:30:08 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Training Video Requests.  (Read 2829 times)

Mach4 Training Video Requests.
« on: March 16, 2017, 10:14:29 AM »
Hello, we at Mach Support are committed to making the Mach4 software as user friendly as we can. We have started developing training Videos and are posting them on the Machsupport channel on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcZ847PqPXOUrksLYct-gaA is the link. We want to hear from Mach4 users on what Videos that they would like to have us publish next! While we can not work on all of them at once if we have a list of what users want to see we can prioritize the ones that most want and develop and publish them! This week we will have the first in a series of probing with Mach4. So lets hear what you are looking for! Best regards from Jim, Brett, and Rob!

For specific questions on Any Artsoft software please contact our team at Machsupport.com and click on the support tab were you can search our knowledge base and or submit a ticket!
Re: Mach4 Training Video Requests.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:16:22 PM »
I am relatively new to using CNC, a hobbyist with a self built gantry mill with an ER collet setup.
My interest is in setting up a tool height sensor for manual tool changes which will automatically re-zero - Z.

I do not do tool changes within a single g-code file.  I load/run separate g-code files for each tool change (to me, a conservative and comfortable operation). 
Info on how this is setup, and an explanation in layman's terms what is being done behind the scene's to update the Z for the new tool.

Thank you!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 02:18:18 PM »
Hello da40flyer, the link below to the video on the Mach4 touch module, take a look at how to set the Z offset in there. If you go to the help desk and submit a ticket I will also send you the documentation that goes with the video. Best regards Jim.

http://support.machsupport.com/

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 04:50:08 AM »
Jim

Thanks for the link

But why do we need to send in a ticket to get documentation for the software we hold a licence for should this not be available in the manuals /documentation section of the site for all your uses to access as required

This will save you money because you will not have to spend time responding to requests like this

Stuart
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 09:58:48 AM »
Hello Stuart, the Help doc button in the screen in Mach4 has that particular document for the touch module. We have been working towards this for some time time now. da40flyer has both the Doc and the video but is still has some questions. He has done what we would like to see, he read the docs, watched the video, and now is contacting the Support team Via the help desk to help get over the hurtle. Many users do no know that we have a knowledge base, or that the majority of the docs are right at their fingertips, or that we have a Youtube channel, or that they can contact us directly Via the help desk when they still have questions. I am here to get the word out so to speak so everyone is aware what is available in terms of assistance. best regards Jim.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 10:14:35 AM »
the Help doc button in the screen in Mach4 has that particular document for the touch module.

In fact, it opens the docs folder which contains all of the docs included with the Mach4 installer. For the touch module you can also click on the help tab in the modules gui to open its doc. The last thing in the doc is a link to the video at YouTube about it. Lots of ways to get to lots on learning aids.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 10:16:52 AM »
Thanks Jim

I am ok with the touch module for me it does what it say on the tin , maybe I am lucky but I do read the manuals many times learnt that along time ago before the Internet let alone Mach 3 or 4 was around

glad to see that you ( Artsoft ) have put up some revised post processors for the Mach series on the fusion 360 post web site so I do not have to alter the mach3 one , just a point on that the post is only for 3 axis and needs a couple of mods to enable the 4th 5th and 6th axis

I have altered mine copy to do the 4th axis

The other one is that in the safe setting startup line it needs a g0 else when you use the touch modual it leave the system in feed mode not g0

Getting to g28 is then a pain

Stuart