Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:32:45 PM

Author Topic: New to Mach3 and CNC No motor movement.  (Read 3489 times)

New to Mach3 and CNC No motor movement.
« on: March 15, 2017, 07:54:29 PM »
I purchased a old Minitech 25 year old, I am using Mach 3, had issues so so I started with a new 4-Axis NEMA23 CNC Kit (36V/9.7A/ 425 oz-in/ KL4030) kit from Automation Tech.  I wired up, all lights turn on and no smoke!!   lol    I think it is wired correctly.  I used the pins and ports from website  and used their xML file. 

I still have no movement of motors.  Power is going to motors, the movement is shown in MAc3 but not moving motors.  my volts were only 3 out of parallel port so I am using a 5 volt booster from cn4.  are those directional?  Just curious.  So I am at a bit of a loss.  This is the same problem I had before I bought all new board and motors. 

Any help would be awesome!!!.  If anyone has a wiring diagram I can check the wiring.  But for some reason I think I am missing something in Mac3??  I dont know.  Anything I can do for any help let me know.  THanks again.
Re: New to Mach3 and CNC No motor movement.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 01:58:53 AM »
Hi,
I'm guessing that you are using a parallel port? If so, what does the Driver Test program say?  If Mach3 cant produce good clean pulses
the nothing will happen. Post a screen shot of the Driver Test and lets have a look...

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:24:15 PM »
Thanks for the response.  I've ordered a UC100. Recommended by mac3 support.  I'll get that tomorrow.  Run the test and send you a screen shot.  Thanks again!!   
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:41:54 PM »
Hi,
if you use a UC100 then the Driver Test is redundant. The Driver Test is a means of establishing the health or otherwise of
the PP.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 01:20:16 AM »
Ok. Uc100 installed. Still no motor movement.  What is the next step.  Chris.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 02:28:16 AM »
Hi,
start at the beginning and work your way through. Expecting to be able to hook everything up and have motors move straight up is
an absolute joke.

First, can you enable Mach3?. Do you have an estop fitted? If so does it indeed disable Mach? When the estop is cleared can Mach
be re-enabled? With Mach enabled can you jog the axes using the keyboard? Can you drive, say G0 or G1, axes with MDI?.
When I say drive here I mean do the axis DROs track up and down.

I'm not familiar with the UC100. Is there some test you can perform that indicates that it is communicating with Mach? Can you manually
trigger an estop from the UC100. If you assign an available input pin to Machs Probe input can you see the input LED on Machs Diagnostic
page light/unlight when manually triggering the input?

As you can see I'm trying here to establish first that Mach is operable, that you can jog the axes, that Mach can communicate to your
motion controller/BOB and that inputs to the BOB can be seen by Mach. All of these things must be good before you have a chance to
move a motor.

Craig