Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:29:39 AM

Author Topic: Simple Draw test??  (Read 4499 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Draw test??
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »
Since you have the gcode, assuming your axes are set to what you want, just hit the "Cycle Start" button on Mach3 screen and it should start. Be carefull that the axes settings are correct so they dont go over your table and crash the machine especially the Z axis depth. If you dont have a working ESTOP button in your machine I would not try it.
Nicolas
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 03:28:15 PM »
ok here's where I'm at. I think I need to get rid of all the travel distance before it starts trying to write the numbers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zaNNxz0LAk

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 05:10:55 PM »
You have your Y start defined in the wizard as +4.6***. Change that to 0. Also, make sure the size of the job can be ran within your soft limits. Make the text smaller if you have to for testing.

You would do yourself a big favor to take the time now to learn the basics of the Gcode programming language (machine coordinates, work coordinates, incremental moves and absolute moves and their relationship to each other) and the right hand rule. Wikipedia and CNCcookbook have a lot of good info. on Gcode.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 06:56:01 PM »
You have your Y start defined in the wizard as +4.6***. Change that to 0. Also, make sure the size of the job can be ran within your soft limits. Make the text smaller if you have to for testing.

You would do yourself a big favor to take the time now to learn the basics of the Gcode programming language (machine coordinates, work coordinates, incremental moves and absolute moves and their relationship to each other) and the right hand rule. Wikipedia and CNCcookbook have a lot of good info. on Gcode.

Thanks, I learned a ton today. I actually got the draw to work finally! the marker tip is a bit messed up from all the previous attempts, but it was nice to see it work

I'm ready to try the engraving now. For some reason the depth won't allow me to enter a negative number though, puzzled as to why? I can enter negative numbers on other things in the setup

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 12:55:14 PM »
On the wizard direction try the 0 degrees button and I think the depth of cut you dont put a negative number because the program knows it is the depth
Nicolas
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 12:57:47 PM »
On the wizard direction try the 0 degrees button and I think the depth of cut you dont put a negative number because the program knows it is the depth

I got it all figured out now :)