Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:41:11 PM

Author Topic: starting a lubrication pump  (Read 2844 times)

starting a lubrication pump
« on: March 11, 2017, 08:01:56 PM »
Hi Group,
I'm looking for some help on how to send a signal that would start my spindle lubrication pump as soon as the spindles starts spinning.

This signal would energize a relay than would start a single phase 115vac KB Electronics VFD that generates 3 phase power for the spindle lub pump.

I'm running Mach3, ESS Motion control board and a C32s breakout board from CNC4PC.

I would think this is relatively straightforward for an experienced user, but unfortunately I'm still a novice. 

Thanks for your help,
Chuck
Re: starting a lubrication pump
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 06:36:04 PM »
I would really appreciate some help here.

I don't understand the process where Mach3 sends output signals to relays and how they are tied to M codes. ???

Thanks,
Chuck
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 08:02:08 PM »
Sorry nobody's answered yet.  I use the parallel port to run my machines which is  different.   I think the signal output has to come from your ESS.  Have you poked around in the ESS instructions?  I think your answer will be there.   
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 02:02:30 AM »
hello, looks like that board (c32) has a relays on it you may be able to use those if your not using both for spindle or other items.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 11:33:42 AM »
I think the signal output has to come from your ESS.  Have you poked around in the ESS instructions?  I think your answer will be there.   

Yes I have looked in the ESS instructions and didn't see anything. I will ask the question on the  ESS forum.
Thanks for the response.
\Chuck
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 11:40:12 AM »
hello, looks like that board (c32) has a relays on it you may be able to use those if your not using both for spindle or other items.

Thanks xiteamxi, I think your suggestion will work since I'm using the RJ45 port on the C32 board to allow Mach3 to control the spindle.

I'm still curious as to  how I would control an item like a lube or coolant pump via Mach3.

Regards,
Chuck

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 01:42:03 PM »
My P/Port machine uses a low current 5v relay controlled by a couple output pins on the CNC4PC C-11 B.O.B.  The 5V relay is switched on & off via M8/M9 commands from Mach.  That relay switches on/off a larger, higher current relay that switches the 12VDC power for the lube pump.  Simple, crude, cheap but it works.  I would think you can buy a cheap relay board to do the same thing.  I think they're all over ebay.
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 02:52:03 PM »

Thanks xiteamxi, I think your suggestion will work since I'm using the RJ45 port on the C32 board to allow Mach3 to control the spindle.

I'm still curious as to  how I would control an item like a lube or coolant pump via Mach3.

Regards,
Chuck

once the output pin/port number is set you can go to config tab then ports and pins then spindle setup and you will see the coolant relay numbers you can assign the output number that controls the pump here then when the turn coolant on command is seen it will activate. the coolant off code will deactivate it
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 02:07:17 AM »
Thanks xiteamxi,
 that looks pretty simple enough to setup, I appreciate your help on this.
Regards,
Chuck