Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:41:56 AM

Author Topic: newbie  (Read 5755 times)

« on: March 09, 2017, 08:44:45 PM »
Hi, I am a newbie here and just a little confused. Please accept my apologies if (more like when ) this ends up in the wrong place. Back in  June of 2016, I decided to purchase a Chinese CNC 3040T 4 AXIS Router Engraver Engraving Drilling Milling Machine Desktop. Due to some unforeseen medical problems, I have not been able to work with it until now and realizing it ain't all as simple as I thought it would be. Prior to forced medical retirement, I installed, serviced and taught three-dimensional Coordinate measuring machines for 4 different US CMM  Mfg's for approximately 30 years. This system came with a T-D Axis controller. No limit switches (hard or soft)?? I ordered some online if needed but am finding it hard to figure out where to install them into the system (electrically) I can mount them where necessary just don't know where to place the wires (E-stop)? Also using Mach3 following the directions sent in a mix of English and Chinese, all axis seem to lock (harder to move manually), but can't seem to get any of them to move. I know it's something simple but I am in the middle of nowhere with no one to beg for help except finding this Forum. I thank you for allowing me to post my problems here and we would be most grateful for some help.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:03:19 AM »
Hi Skatcat,

Check that you have actually released the EStop switch and it is working OK (there have been reports of an internal plastic clip which is factory fitted to prevent the EStop releasing - if this is the case then the clip has to be removed).

Sounds hard but my best recommendation is that you seriously consider replacing that T-D controller with a Gecko G540 http://www.geckodrive.com/geckodrive-step-motor-drives/g540.html
Also check out the Support pages on the Gecko site - their products are tip-top and the customer backup services are second to none.

Tweakie.
PEACE