Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:59:54 AM

Author Topic: Question on Xbox 360 Plug-In on Mach 3  (Read 2217 times)

Question on Xbox 360 Plug-In on Mach 3
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:42:01 PM »
Hi all -
I am a relatively new user to the CNC world and have recently completed the build of my CNC machine.  I have Mach3 installed and it is running very well.  I just added an Xbox 360 wireless controller (Lee Davis' Plug-in; Ver 2.4.1.0) and have most all the toggles/buttons mapped to the functions that I need.  The one function that I can't seem to find and need some help on is the "GOTO ZERO" button on the Run Screen (see below).  I use this function for repetitive start locations and would like it to be mapped to my "A" button on the game pad.  There does not appear to be a resident function in the dropdown selection box - unless its called something different - which is entirely possible and I'm not smart enough to figure it out.   :-\ 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Re: Question on Xbox 360 Plug-In on Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 06:39:24 PM »
On my machine that button says GOTO Z and it is not an editable button.  You may be using a custom screen so select operator->Edit Button Script and see if that button blinks meaning it is editable.  If so check out the code there.

On the stock screen like mine that button means to go to safe z as defined in your config.  If that is what you want to do or if you find in the button script on yours   doOEMButton(some number) then for your xBox A button select OEM Button #1 and then on the left side enter either the cutom button code from your button script or 17 for safeZ  in the Custom OEM Code #1

Otherwise write a macro and select custom Macro#1 and fill the macro number on the left.

HTH

RT
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:41:17 PM by rhtuttle »
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 11:41:51 PM »
Hi Ralph -
Thanks for your advice.  You are probably running a different M3 version than I am - just to be sure something didn't get inadvertently changed, I have re-downloaded the current version of Mach3 from the New Fangled website ( Version R3.043.066 ), installed it, and the screen comes up exactly like the one in my picture above.  I did try the Operator -> Edit Script function, but that button is not editable.  I did download the "OEM List Alpha 6.1" (Excel file) which appears to be a really comprehensive list of all the machine calls - its something I'm going to have to study and try and understand how to read/use it.  In the meantime, I'll just have to use my controller as is which is certainly not the end of the world.

Again, thanks for your help!

Vic
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 11:20:25 AM »
Not sure which zero you want to go to but:

Create a new macro, lets say m888.m1s

In it write

code("G0 Z0")

then configure you xBox controller A button to custom macro#1 and put 888 into the Custom Macro#1 box.

You can put as many moves or commands as you want:

code("G0 Z1")
code("G0 X0")
code("G0 Y0")
code("G0 Z0")

HTH

RT