Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:55:44 AM

Author Topic: cnc4pc  (Read 6429 times)

cnc4pc
« on: March 17, 2006, 09:59:10 PM »
Bear with me as I am new to forums and servo controllers.
I've put together a cnc router, running with g320 and a cnc4pc bidirectional breakout board.
As per gecko instructions the motors are hooked up and sing nicely. But that's about it. No motion from Mach 2.
Breakoutboard is enabled.
I'm getting a little torqued, because I've inspected, reinspected wiring and seem to be covering the same ground over again but can't figure out what I've done wrong.
Output is 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (slaved axis).
I've also contacted cnc4pc with the problem I'm having, but suspect it may be how I've configured Mach 2.

But has anybody been there done that?

Thanks
Re: cnc4pc
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 05:59:05 AM »
There are a few others here that have used the PC4CNC stuff.. So we know it will work in the end :)
If you post your XML I can take a look and see if there is anything that I can do to help you.

BTW I am going to be out for the day cutting trees, but I will get back to you as soon as I get back in
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 07:11:19 PM »
Here's an xml.
Now the board seems to be drawing power from the pc; the brkout board's diode lights up as soon as I hook up the d25 cable. That's a new development - the kind that makes me nervous.

Thanks again.

vmax549

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 07:30:24 PM »
Lindsay please be carefull with the CNC4pc board it can at times draw power from the PC and energize itself and make things work when you are not looking or expecting it to.  I would suggest a board from Bob Campbell to be on the safe side.  Terry
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 08:57:26 PM »
Sounds like good advice! I believe I will order one tomorrow and keep the other board for an extra port - when maybe I get  better educated and can tame the beast.

So many mistakes to be made. So little time.

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 03:50:23 PM »
It lives!
You know how you get that nagging feeling that you've overlooked the obvious! Well I was laying in bed wondering...
Sure enough I went to my box of parallel port cables...and you've figured it. The one I had was not wired straight through...I think I gave away the wrong cable. Someone's likely thrown their printer in the dump because of me.

Talk about feeling like a knob and being relieved at the same time.

...thanks for your patience with me folks.

The board's diode still lights up arbitrarily though.

I feel so happy  :-X