Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:55:59 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys57CNC, Mach4 and fusion probing - does it work?  (Read 2473 times)

Pokeys57CNC, Mach4 and fusion probing - does it work?
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:51:40 PM »
Hey guys,

So simple question before I go and break a probe - has anyone tried the built in fusion probing stuff and does it work with the 57CNC and mach4?

Cheers

Oh and as an aside bonus question: If anyone can answer this for me that'd be cool - I currently have an NC touch probe connected to the probe port... I use this for setting X/Y but as I don't have indexed tools I'm then a bit stuffed for Z. Is there anyway to also use a NO electric touch plate type setup to set Z-height of the actual tool without using the same port and having to reverse the switch logic each time?

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeys57CNC, Mach4 and fusion probing - does it work?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 02:01:07 PM »
Can't answer the first question, nor can I answer the second question to your satisfaction, but just to be smarmy, a PMDX-126 can do the multiple probe type thing and in hardware so you only need one pin for all that >:D
--
Tom
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:04:49 PM »

Pokeys does seem quite configurable so I'd be surprised if it wasn't possible some how. I'm just a bit dense when it comes to electronics and programming.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:08:37 PM by Zeeflyboy »

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:20:24 AM »
PoKeys57CNC does indeed support probing. It may be unclear to me what you mean by fusion probing, so can't answer it.
Regarding the polarity of the probe input - the plugin does not expect this to change during runtime. The best way to solve it to use the NO switch and the touch pad in parallel.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope