Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:14:40 PM

Author Topic: Tools values not changing  (Read 3349 times)

Offline jtd

•  7 7
    • View Profile
Tools values not changing
« on: February 26, 2017, 04:22:09 PM »
I am new to Mach4 and starting to chase my tail.  I have a 7x16 lathe and trying to get the tool table set.  I read the manual and watch videos done by Ron G and Mach Support.  It seemed straight forward but I ran into a couple of issues that have me in over my head. I tried to search forum for similar reported issues but could not find any. 
1.   When I initiate a tool change in MIDI (T0101, T0202 etc) the offset number changes but the tool number does not.  I can highlight the tool number and change it to the correct numerical number but am not sure if anything changes with that.
2.   When enter a dimension into the X offset DRO and enter the offset nothing in the tool table changes.
I appreciate any insight someone can give me to where I went wrong. Thank You!
 Jeff
Re: Tools values not changing
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 06:56:16 PM »
After you go in to mdi and type in t0101 your active offset 1 should show then hit cycle start should bring up tool 1.
when you enter your offset for X does the offset show in the dro as what you entered if not go to fixture offset and make sure you have all 0.000 in x. When you open tool table high light X hit set X offset close out tool table and open a gain you see a change that is how mine works

Offline jtd

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 08:18:52 PM »
When you type T0101 and cycle start mine will change the offset but not the tool number.  When I enter number into tool offset it will change the DR but the offset in the tool table does not update. 
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 09:36:30 PM »
After you you hit cycle start you activate offset 1 do you then get a prompt that says something like a tool change has been requested via m6. Change tool then press cycle start to continue that should give you tool 1.

Offline jtd

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:46:50 PM »
I do not get the prompt.  That was one of the indications that make me think I have a problem.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 02:14:16 AM »
Executing "T0101 M6" will change the tool number.  M6 does the magic.  T by itself does nothing but set the selected tool.  e.g. the tool M6 will make active. 

Steve

Offline royce

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 12:25:32 AM »
I just noticed this same problem.

The current M6 macro does not update the tool number. You need to add it to your macro, so it updates to the current tool. The M6 macro is located in macros folder inside of the profile folder you are using.
Exit Mach4.

Filename is M6.mcs

Just add this line

Code: [Select]
   mc.mcToolSetCurrent(inst, selectedtool)
after or before this line

Code: [Select]
      wx.wxMessageBox('Toolchange finished')
Save the M6.mcs file, then start Mach4. Wallah!

Bridgeport Series 1 Rigid Ram Retrofitted w/PMDX126 BOB, PMDX107, Hitachi WJ200 VFD,ESS, Leadshine DM2282 Drivers running Mach4 comfortably.