Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:02:35 AM

Author Topic: simple VSD  (Read 1947 times)

simple VSD
« on: February 26, 2017, 07:22:02 AM »
Hello Chaps - my previous post about an omron VSD refers.

Can someone recommend a very simple VSD? I am led to believe that the Omron MX2 that i
have is a very sophisticated drive - offerring functionality that I will never use.

I am sure that there must be simple drive available. I only want to control the spindle speed
through Mach3??

anyone have any ideas?

Regards Fred Evans
think of the trees-- use both sides of the computer paper

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: simple VSD
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 07:26:03 AM »
I use these...

https://inverterdrive.com/group/AC-Inverter-Drives-230V/Schneider-ATV12HU22M2/

but probably about the same as your one, its just a matter of getting the settings right
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 10:59:26 AM »
thanks dave-- i opened the startup manual and it definitely is a lot easire to understand than Omron
I will get my electrician to give a comment and check the local support

thanks fred
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 02:24:33 PM »
All VFDs offer functionality you'll never use, its only software. You only set them up once and virtually all have simple settings already set. So if it runs I'd stick with what have. If you need setting help I can likely help you out, I've worked with lots of VFDs. If their VFD instructions are anything like their PLC instructions I can understand your confusion!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 02:56:48 AM »
hello dave- i looked up schnieder here inSA and everything looked good until i asked the price.
With no malice- i am sure they are very godd- but other equipment is about half the price-

and garyhlucas-- thanks for the offer - I will bear it in mind-- maybe i should just stay with my
omron-- and learn the tricks

best regards

fred

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 03:10:00 AM »
Omron is a good make, I would persevere and discover the way to get it going, what specific function or feature are you struggling with?