Hello Guest it is June 17, 2019, 09:34:48 PM

Author Topic: MDI not working  (Read 1426 times)

MDI not working
« on: February 24, 2017, 06:43:22 PM »
I have searched the forum, and not found any info that helps me, this is the closest I got http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,29050.0.html
MDI does not work, when I press enter the input data dissapear and machine dont move. It does not show up in history popup window either.

I run the 2010 screenset, and mach version .066.

Could it be an ebay pendant i tried a while ago, but quit using, that might have messed up some hotkeys or similar. I am really out of ideas here.

I have been away from the machine for a while, and cannot remember when this stopped working, so hard for me to relate it to new version, pendant, 2010 screenset install, hotkeys or similar

Best reg
Roy

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,809 7,809
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: MDI not working
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 02:17:13 AM »
Hi Roy,

Try loading a backup .xml (xmlbackups folder) from a time before the problem occurred.

If all else fails re-install Mach3.

It is recommended that you…

1) Backup the following to the desktop, or even better, a USB drive:

XML(Profile) – This stores you’re settings for Mach3, if you lose it you will need to re-setup you’re ports and pins, motor tuning, etc.
Screensets
Macros/Brains
License

2) Download the current version of Mach3 from the Downloads & Update page, v.062 seems to be the preferred version to use and this can be downloaded from here :  ftp://anonymous:guest@ftp.machsupport.com/Mach3/Mach3Version3.043.062.exe

3) Install the downloaded version; allow the install path to default to where Mach3 is installed.

WARNING: If you do not backup the files in Step 1, you will lose ALL settings and configurations.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »
Thank you Tweakie for the reply, and for the detailed instructions.

First I tried to replace the xml file with the oldest one I had, but that did not help.
I the backed up my settings, and installed v .062, and now it shows v .062 installed, but it kept all my settings, and still nothing,

Maybe I have to uninstall the old Mach 3?

I also found another thing that I am not able to change, and thats the tool change position.

It will not change in the old screenset or the 2010 set...., But I did manage to set it up waaaay back.

Funny stuff

Best reg
Roy
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 10:54:57 AM »
I Made clean install in another directory, and everything works great untill I copy and paste my xml file, so I bet I have this one messed up.

I have attached the file here if you have the time to take a look at it

Best reg
Roy

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,809 7,809
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 02:32:04 AM »
Hi Roy,

Taking a quick look at your .xml did not reveal a major problem although your motor tuning (velocity and acceleration) does look a bit strange.

Perhaps best to create a new profile and .xml file from scratch (just using the data from your old .xml) that way you will be certain of a non-corrupted file.

Tweakie.

EDIT;  forgot to mention MDI does not work for me either when using your .xml
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:35:53 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline RICH

•  7,337 7,337
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 06:41:03 AM »
MDI not working happened to me once in a  screen set.
Tried a number of things and could not find the problem or get it to work.
I deleted and replaced / copied  the MDI from a working screen set using machscreen.
It the worked fine.  It was not a corrupted xml, don't know what exactly what created  the problem, but it worked fine
after doing that.

RICH