Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:01:27 PM

Author Topic: MDI not working  (Read 4095 times)

MDI not working
« on: February 24, 2017, 06:43:22 PM »
I have searched the forum, and not found any info that helps me, this is the closest I got http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,29050.0.html
MDI does not work, when I press enter the input data dissapear and machine dont move. It does not show up in history popup window either.

I run the 2010 screenset, and mach version .066.

Could it be an ebay pendant i tried a while ago, but quit using, that might have messed up some hotkeys or similar. I am really out of ideas here.

I have been away from the machine for a while, and cannot remember when this stopped working, so hard for me to relate it to new version, pendant, 2010 screenset install, hotkeys or similar

Best reg
Roy

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: MDI not working
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 02:17:13 AM »
Hi Roy,

Try loading a backup .xml (xmlbackups folder) from a time before the problem occurred.

If all else fails re-install Mach3.

It is recommended that you…

1) Backup the following to the desktop, or even better, a USB drive:

XML(Profile) – This stores you’re settings for Mach3, if you lose it you will need to re-setup you’re ports and pins, motor tuning, etc.
Screensets
Macros/Brains
License

2) Download the current version of Mach3 from the Downloads & Update page, v.062 seems to be the preferred version to use and this can be downloaded from here :  ftp://anonymous:guest@ftp.machsupport.com/Mach3/Mach3Version3.043.062.exe

3) Install the downloaded version; allow the install path to default to where Mach3 is installed.

WARNING: If you do not backup the files in Step 1, you will lose ALL settings and configurations.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »
Thank you Tweakie for the reply, and for the detailed instructions.

First I tried to replace the xml file with the oldest one I had, but that did not help.
I the backed up my settings, and installed v .062, and now it shows v .062 installed, but it kept all my settings, and still nothing,

Maybe I have to uninstall the old Mach 3?

I also found another thing that I am not able to change, and thats the tool change position.

It will not change in the old screenset or the 2010 set...., But I did manage to set it up waaaay back.

Funny stuff

Best reg
Roy
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 10:54:57 AM »
I Made clean install in another directory, and everything works great untill I copy and paste my xml file, so I bet I have this one messed up.

I have attached the file here if you have the time to take a look at it

Best reg
Roy

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 02:32:04 AM »
Hi Roy,

Taking a quick look at your .xml did not reveal a major problem although your motor tuning (velocity and acceleration) does look a bit strange.

Perhaps best to create a new profile and .xml file from scratch (just using the data from your old .xml) that way you will be certain of a non-corrupted file.

Tweakie.

EDIT;  forgot to mention MDI does not work for me either when using your .xml
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:35:53 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 06:41:03 AM »
MDI not working happened to me once in a  screen set.
Tried a number of things and could not find the problem or get it to work.
I deleted and replaced / copied  the MDI from a working screen set using machscreen.
It the worked fine.  It was not a corrupted xml, don't know what exactly what created  the problem, but it worked fine
after doing that.

RICH