Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:02:25 AM

Author Topic: Startup problem with Mach 4  (Read 2396 times)

Startup problem with Mach 4
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:00:38 PM »
I am trying to evaluate whether to get licensed for Mach 3 or Mach 4.  My setup is as follows: Desktop Athelon 2600 ATX; running Windows XP SP3; 2 GB Ram; Nvidia 6200 Video card; SmoothStepper ESS.  I currently have Mach 3 installed and running perfectly and wanted to check out Mach 4 before committing to a license. When I install Mach 4, the installation window pops up stating that the installation was successful, However, as soon as I launch it, I get a window that pops up as seen below.  Any ideas?  Thanks for all the help!

PS - I attached a jpg but can't see it in preview mode - I'm hoping that y'all can view it!

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Startup problem with Mach 4
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:59:10 PM »
2GB of RAM is going to be a tough one!  It will work, just not painless.  :(

Make sure that the MS print subsystem is installed.  (programs and features in control panel)  Also, you may need to install the VS2013 C/C++ run time package as Administrator in XP.

Steve
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:39:02 PM »
Steve -

Thanks for your quick response.  I will check the print system and install the C/C++ Visual Studio files ( already got them from Microsoft).  Will let you know how it went.

Unfortunately, 2 GB ram is all the motherboard can access, so, I'm pretty well stuck there.....

Regards,

Vic
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »
Latest update - as luck would have it, my old XP desktop went to the big PC roundup in the sky this morning  :'( bummer!!  Anyway, I have a replacement PC on order that's configured with an Intel dual core e8400 cpu, W10 Pro OS, and has 4 Gb of RAM.  Will update this thread when the new hardware comes in and I get it set up.

Thanks again.

Vic

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 06:03:08 PM »
It was time, Vic.  It was time.  :)

Steve
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 02:20:04 PM »
Hi Steve -

Been a while since I got to post on this subject!  Well, My new (refurbished) pc came in and I have been busy setting it all up.  I have progressed from the old XP SP3 system to a Dell OptiPlex 780, 4GB RAM, running W10Pro.  I  now have both Mach3 and Mach4 installed and running with the Warp9 ESS motion controller.  I will probably spend this week evaluating Mach4 since its new and looks pretty complex.  So, it looks like my original issue no longer is a problem. Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

Vic