Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:40:30 PM

Author Topic: Wrong toolpaths appear in Mach3 during running ESS with plugin installed  (Read 2332 times)

Hello everybody,

In the old day of using parallel port for Mach3, I found no problem in running all G-codes that were produced from Mastercam X5, these included all kind of 3d pocket, contouring, etc, etc.

Lately, I go to ESS, problem occurs in pocket machining. Firstly, the toolpath generates and are viewed all okay in Mastercam. However, when the output G-code file is brought to Mach3, some additional wrong toothpaths appear (purple color lines of first attachment). The Mach3 version is 3.043.062 and plugin version is ESS_Mach3_160630_u4f1b as recommended. When switching back to parallel port, those errors no longer appears. In another toolhpath of pocket parallel profile, the error message of 'radius to the end of arc...' appears as well (second attachment). These errors only occur in pocket machining profile, no problem are found for contouring, drilling, 2d contouring and etc.

I don't think the happening should be blamed to the postprocessor as it was used well for some time in parallel port environment. Also, I downloaded the recommended processor for the Mastercam from Mach3 website for use but it doesn't help in correcting those mistakes.

Can somebody help to give advice?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong toolpaths appear in Mach3 during running ESS with plugin installed
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 05:22:03 AM »
Looks like you have discovered the Crop Circles  :)
Goto   Config. / General Config.   and change the IJ Mode   then Regen. the Toolpath.

Ideally all Gcode files should contain the G90.1 or G91.1 as appropriate.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 12:28:49 PM »
Can't find IJ Mode in the Config. screen (see attachment).
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 07:05:14 PM »
It's in the second column to the right of Distance Mode.
Tom
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 09:06:30 PM »
I see it and the problem is solved. Thank you both of you and the forum.